“IC PRECIFIX” is a high performance cement-based, polymer modified, flexible
tile adhesive. It is fast setting, specially formulated and designed to suit
Indian environmental conditions complying with the EN 12004:2014, Type C2F S1
standards.It is suitable for a bed thickness of 3 mm – 6 mm, interior and exterior
floor and wall applications. While it is mainly used for a bed thickness of up to 6 mm,
it can also be suitably used for a thickness up to 12mm.
“IC PRECIFIX” can be used for areas which are totally immersed in water e.g.
swimming pools, wet rooms etc. The product is recommended for fixing ceramic &
vitrified tiles, marble, granite, natural stone and mosaics to a variety of
cementitious substrates including those subject to minor movement/vibration.
“IC PRECIFIX” uses the thin bed tile fixing method for a faster, professional
and lasting tile installation.
Features and Benefits
Suitable over concrete, cement renders / plasters, screeds, ﬁbrous cement sheeting
, plasterboard & IC approved waterprooﬁng membranes. “IC PRECIFIX” confirms to
EN 12004:2007, ISO 13007-1: 2014, ANSI A118.4 and IS 15477:2004
- “IC PRECIFIX” is premixed and ready to use.
Only water is to be added at site
- It can be used for both Interior and Exterior application
- High Tensile Adhesion strength results in higher grab
- Self-Curing and Sag Resistant
- Effortless Mixing & Ease of Spreading result
in higher output
- Greater workability due to long pot life and
extended open time
- Ease of workability & higher coverage leads to
Method of Application
- The surface should be clean and free from dirt,
loose material, chemical, oil, grease and other contaminants before application of
- Pre-wet the cementitious substrate and ensure that the
substrate is in saturated and surface dry (SSD) state prior to the application of
- Concrete screeds, plastered surfaces, block work and
renders should be sufficiently cured to avoid shrinkage cracks. Substrates should be
in plumb and or in slope before application of adhesive.
- Roughen the surface or provide mechanical support for
higher span tiles or very high grade of concrete to ensure proper bonding, if required.
- Clean the tile to remove any contaminant that may reduce
the bond strength.
- Pour sufficient amount (as appropriate to be used within
the pot life) of “IC PRECIFIX” into a plastic or metal pan containing clean and potable
- Water demand is typically 27~30%, depending on the surface
and application conditions.
- Take 15-20% water initially and wet the sides of the pan to
reduce the chances of material sticking to the pan. Mix and add remaining quantity of water
gradually to ensure a lump free creamy paste.
- Let the paste stand for 1 minute to mature and remix to
ensure proper dispersion of the mix.
- 25 kg of “IC PRECIFIX” needs approximately 7~7.5 liters of
water. Use of mechanical stirrer is preferred for a lump free and homogenous mix. Take
smaller quantity of “IC PRECIFIX” to ensure a lump free paste in case of manual mixing.
- Mix as much quantity as can be consumed in 2 hours.
- Apply “IC PRECIFIX” adhesive paste on the substrate with
the plain side of the notch trowel. Comb with the notch trowel. The notch trowel is to be
selected as per the required bed thickness. The notch size depends on the thickness of the
adhesive to be spread over the application area for optimum bonding between the tile and
- Firmly press the tile into the adhesive to ensure good
- Spread as much adhesive paste as can be tiled within
- Start placing/fixing of tiles & tap using beating
wooden block or rubber mallet.
- For large format tiles & stone it is advisable to butter
the back of the tile along with the substrate with the adhesive covering the whole
of the tile for firm bonding.
- Ensure 100% contact of tile and the substrate. Carry out
random checks to determine whether the back of the tile is fully covered with adhesive
- Check if the tile adhesive mortar still adheres to the
finger if moved on the application area. This is to avoid bonding failure and to ensure
that the open time has not lapsed.
- Discard the mixed material if the open time
has been elapsed.
- Do not mix fresh and discarded material under any
- The tiles once fixed, are advised not to be disturbed till
the material has gained sufficient strength. The tiling is ready for grouting within 24
hours of application.
For a bed thickness of 3 mm, the coverage with notch trowel application will be
approximately 2-2.5 kg/sqm. The coverage however may vary depending on the surface
& working conditions.
Cleaning & Safety
- Remove excess mortar on tools and tiles using clean water
before it hardens and becomes difficult to dislodge.
- “IC PRECIFIX” is non- toxic, however, as with any
cementitious material, avoid prolonged contact with skin and dust inhalation.
“IC PRECIFIX” is available in 25 kg and 40 kg packaging.
Storage & Shelf Life
- Store in a cool and dry place. Ensure that the bags do
not burst or tear while handling. There should be a gap of 0.5 metre between the walls
and the stack.
- “IC PRECIFIX” will remain usable for a period of six months
(6 months) from the date of manufacture, when stored as per the standard recommended
(in compliance with EN 12004 and ISO 13007-1)
|Coverage (using 3 mm notched trowel)
|Ready for grouting (on walls)
|Ready for grouting (on floors) & light traffic
|Pull off Adhesion Strength in 07 Days
in 14 Days
in 28 Days
|Compressive Strength in 07 Days
in 28 Days
Specifications are subjected to change in our pursuit of product improvement.
Kindly contact the technical personnel for any clarification.